Monday, September 27, 2010

That is what friends are for

I struggle on this topic, like I am sure many do.  What is a friend? When is it time to move on?  I have never been good at moving on, I have been burned and I have been the burner as well.

I can tell you one thing, when a friend confides in you, you need to make sure to keep it to yourself. I have had many friends come and go but the friendships I have now are the most important ones, the ones that keep building, the things that once mattered don't, and the things that matter now are the most important, as we all find ourselves, our friends are our confidants, when I think about the friends I have now, I am blessed.  We need to learn to forgive and let go and we need to learn not to judge our friends and hope they do the same.

So....When do you know a friendship has ended? When a friend becomes toxic, all they do is bring you down, as well as themselves, how far can you go to help a friend before it is too far?  That is a hard question to answer. I still can't really figure that one out.  I can tell you this, I am way too forgiving, is it a fault or is it a golden quality I possess? I don't know, I can tell you this, to have me as a friend is a great thing because I will never hurt you and I will only try to help you be better and I hope that you will do the same!  Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment