Wednesday, October 6, 2010

In my Skin

Over the years I have gone on a emotional roller coaster about getting older. I remember turning 20 and thinking OMG! I am half way to 40...Now I am 31 and it doesn't bother me as much.

I have all these marks from life, I have a scar on my knee from when I fell on Shamrock drive in Pincourt off of my bike. I have a scar on my right pinkie from a broken mug, stretch marks on my stomach from carrying my daughter, loose skin all over from gaining 65 pounds with my second pregnancy, bags under my eyes from being a tired parent, tattoo's on my body that have meaning.
This all comes with age, there is no other person in the world that has these exact markings, the real life lines.
My daughter has her first scar on her lower lip from falling when she was about 2 years old, my son will get his first sooner or later, they all come with memories, painful ones but they are like pictures in an album that you can't lose.
I am scared for what comes after life but you only have one, so make the best of it and when you are going through a tough time.  Remember that you are on the path to something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment